DSD ship Internet access via satellite and phone services are comprised of a full range of IP services required for the deployment of 2way Satellite based communications designed to enable video, voice and data applications.
Ship Internet access
We offer various service for ship Internet access and ship IP phone plans depending on the clients applications requirements and acceptable contention levels.
The service plan and its usage are monitored for availability, reliability and performance.
Based upon the brief provided we would propose a ship Internet access dedicated link based subscription plan that could be sub-allocated amongst multiple sites, ensure security and enable Videoconferencing, Voice and Data communications.
Our Maritime VSAT satellite ship Internet access solution will be comprised of:
- Seatel constantly tracking, tri axis stabilized antenna
- Voice over IP and wireless access point hardware
- Always-on Internet access (can be blocked if required)
- Uplink and Downlink bandwidth dedicated and shared service plans.
DSD ship Internet access main usages:
- real-time applications ship Internet access is generally used for high quality VoIP and cellular applications since it can deliver Bit-Error-Rates (BER), the quality measure of voice quality, of better than 10-9, which is considered clear channel transmission. Important voice calls from the bridge can be prioritized over private voice calls from the crew.
- non real-time applications are very efficient on our ship Internet access services thank to the use of TCP acceleration of the iDirect modem you have a fast access to web, email, file download, file upload, streaming etc...
- secured Business applications and data sharing on highly secure links based on iDirect AES Encryption that comes with fast, dynamic key exchange of 256-bit providing a very high level of security within the network, without compromising acceleration performed on TCP traffic within the link. This is unlike other IPSec architectures that defeat TCP acceleration and thus are subject to severe throughput issues.
DSD ship Internet access technology strong points:
- Scalable Network Expansion for your ship Internet access network
- Ease of Network Management
- Global ship Internet access Network Management with Seamless Coverage
- Global NMS
- Automatic satellite Beam Selection
- Location Tracking thanks to the web-based Location Tracking package available with SatManage that supports real-time tracking of all remotes worldwide on an easy and powerful graphical mapping system
Pay-as-you-go Maritime VSAT ship Internet Access
This new Ship Internet access and phone Service allows our Maritime VSAT customers to provide Internet access on board their vessels in a controlled way. The Ship Internet access will be made available on a time-base by means of tickets printed and sold on-board the vessel. This all is not new. However what is new is the fact that the bandwidth used for Internet-access is totally separated from the bandwidth the customer has in place for his business network.
For this service some extra hardware is needed on board PLUS you or the vessel owner need to arrange for separate access to this network, for instance by adding a dedicated wireless access point or connect dedicated crew-internet PC’s to this section of the network.
The following extra hardware package will be provided by DSD to be installed on-board:
- 1 Extra iDirect X5 modem
- Thermal printer (Extra paper for this printer should be ordered)
As soon as the hardware package is installed and activated, the ship Internet access ‘pay-as-you-go’ Maritime Internet is available at a very cheap airtime per hour cost
This service can only be provided to customers already having another DSD ship Internet access Maritime service in place. The bandwidth provided for this service will be approximately MIR 1024/512 CIR 96/32.
The ‘internet-access’-router can print three different access-vouchers, for instance:
- 1 hour
- 5 hours
- 10 hours
The ship Internet access does not have to be consecutive. The user can log-off after a session and use the remaining time when he or she connects to the Internet again.
The ‘internet-access’-router keeps a log of the tickets printed / sold. DSD will poll this information on a regular base in order to invoice the total number of hours sold.
This ready to use service is one of the innovations of the Maritime VSAT services of DSD, please don't hesitate to contact us for ship Internet access and phone.